Sunday 6 October 2013

Now they have names!

At the dinner table tonight we decided to name our chickens. When they were chicks, they were easy to tell apart, but now it's hard to tell who is who. The rooster is obvious, but I was reluctant to name him because he probably won't be around for long. Tristan suggested we call him 'lunch'. Here he is:
Because of their colouring, I wanted to name them after different types of beer. Now there are two light-coloured ones and two darker ones. The two lighter ones are called Amber and Belgium, while the darker ones we named Guiness and Mead.  I think Amber is the friendliest and boldest. She is always the one to come over first when I take the door off and offer feed from my hand. Mead is a bit cranky, and tends to just peck at my hand instead of feeding.  Here is Amber:


No comments:

Post a Comment